Parking at the Marketplace in Oberursel

Based on the cars featured in this historical postcard, it might be safe to say this image is from the 1960s. Parking is no longer allowed there though.

Oberursel Marketplace 1960s

Other than the absence of parked cars, not much has changed since this photo has been taken.

The marketplace is still a sloping ground, and the farmers market takes place there on Saturday mornings.

Restaurant at the Old Market Square in Oberursel

This historical postcard dates back to 1898, when the corner building at the Marktplatz (market square) used to be ‘Droeser’s Felsenkeller’, a restaurant with garden service.

On 12 October 1895, Mr. Adam J. H. Droeser opened the Felsenkeller (rock wall cellar) Restaurant.

The address was am Marktplatz 1, which houses the Vordertaunusmuseum (Anterior Taunus Museum) today.

Below is a photo of the same location, taken on 30 January 2019.

Diese Webseite verwendet Cookies. Wenn Sie auf der Seite weitersurfen, stimmen Sie der Cookie-Nutzung zu. Mehr Informationen

Diese Webseite verwendet so genannte Cookies. Sie dienen dazu, unser Angebot nutzerfreundlicher, effektiver und sicherer zu machen. Cookies sind kleine Textdateien, die auf Ihrem Rechner abgelegt werden und die Ihr Browser speichert. Die meisten der von uns verwendeten Cookies sind so genannte "Session-Cookies". Sie werden nach Ende Ihres Besuchs automatisch gelöscht. Cookies richten auf Ihrem Rechner keinen Schaden an und enthalten keine Viren. Weitere Informationen finden Sie auf der Seite “Datenschutzerklärung”.

Close